Registration for the next school year begins in January and continues throughout the year.
Parents must upload the following documents during the online registration process, or bring them on their first school visit.
If you have a unique residency situation, please call the Central Registration Office at 970-613-6877.
- Birth certificate
- Immunization record
- Proof of address (i.e. utility bill, lease contract)
- Request for Records form
- Open Enrollment form if applicable.
Students may enter kindergarten if they are five years old on or before October 1 of the year of enrollment.
Families are encouraged to attend their schools’ back-to-school functions and to contact their schools’ office staff to arrange a time to visit.
Follow the steps on the "How to enroll" page as if you were registering with TSD for the first time.
TSD values a family's right to choose the school that will best meet its children's needs. Follow the guidelines for in-district open enrollment:
Contact the school for specific information; especially at the high school level. Print and complete the 2015–2016 Application for In-District Student Open Enrollment or Transfer form, and return it to the school you want your child to attend, along with any other documentation requested by the school. All students new to TSD must follow the steps to register online. All open enrollment requests must be approved prior to registration and enrollment.
- Resident students do not need to reapply once accepted at the new school.
- Transportation will not be provided.
- There must be room in the grade level the student will enter.
- There must be a program in the new school that is appropriate for the enrolling or transferring student.